Old 12-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Steveo

Default Killing thorn bushes

"Marc" wrote:
I just moved into a new house. We are preparing to do some landscaping
in the backyard. In the wooded area there are a tremendous amount of
those thorn bushes (not really a bush but more like a stem coming out of
the ground covered with thorns) that I would like to det rid of in
selected areas. Is there any recommeded way to get rid of them other
than having a front end loader come in and tear them up? Just curious.
Thanks...

Sounds like black berries. You'll have to wait till they're growing
to use round-up on them. I doubt a front end loader will eradicate
them, they are -very- hearty.