Old 12-04-2004, 08:02 PM
M. Tiefert

Default any heat resistance lettuce varities?

N M wrote:
i am in Tampa, FL

would someone recommend some any heat resistance lettuce varities?
and where i
would buy it from?

Some of the romaine-type lettuces tend to be relatively heat-resistant.
But I don't think I'd try growing them in the summer in Florida.

Seeds of Change has a Jericho variety.
Park has Lactuca sativa Craquerelle du Midi, which they say will still
be good in June in Florida. They also have a Lettuce Summer Glory Blend,
which includes heat-tolerant varieties that are not romaines.

I'm sure there's more - just search some online catalogs for "romaine",
or maybe "heat tolerant".

cheers,

Marj
--