Old 12-04-2004, 08:03 PM
David J. Bockman

Default [IBC] cicada

It's been on my mind as well, Lisa.... while pulling some trees out from
winter storage, I noted-- as I picked up healed in pots-- dozens of the
white nymphs that had tunneled up to just below the surface (banging their
heads on my pots, I guess).

I was just a lad when last these blighters saw the light of day, and
certainly I had no bonsai at the time. It was an interesting summer.. all I
remmeber is the cacaphony, the brown molted shells clinging everywhere, and
my cat gorging on the adults. They're not the most nimble of flyers, so of
course they careen into everything, including faces and arms.

I'm most likey going to house the nice stuff in some sort of shadecloth
structure until the worst of it is over.

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email: