Old 12-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Waseem

Default Difference Between a Skimmer and Bio Filter

Hi

I have a Bioforce 4500 UVC pond filter , filtering a 1000 L pond

I just wanted to know the difference between this and a Skimmer in
terms of how they work or is a skimmer to "pre-filter" the larger
waste before the filtering?

Also i was thinking of making my own small veggie filter as it seems
like a fun project. Would this be a bad idea to use this in conjuction
with my biofilter

What i was thinking was the water goes through the biofilter and into
the veggie filter then into my waterfall back into the pond.

Thanks

Waseem