Old 12-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Default My plant died. Help me find his brother

Sure they are easy to grow where it is tropical and you can grow them
outdoors year round in full sun.

However, in cold climates where you must grow them in pots in far less than
ideal conditions in poor light, crotons are very difficult to grow well, or
even keep alive, especially over the winter. They can be kept in a
greenhouse but they make very bad houseplants.

The person who killed their plant was trying to grow one as a houseplant
under less than ideal conditions.

"Ricky" wrote in message
"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. ..
So enlighten us on how easy they are, Rico.

Tell us all how you grow them so well.

Crotons are what we call "quick stick". Just stuff the cuttings into some
acidic, organic soil and water. 90% or more will root and grow. I grow 150
different varieties in a small mist bed here in S. Florida.