Old 12-04-2004, 11:05 PM
RichToyBox

Default Problem with new pond

I raised the elevation of the sides of my smaller pond and had to lift the
skimmer about 6 inches. I did it with about 8 or 10 inches of water in the
pond. It would have been easier if the pond were completely empty, but the
fish were too many and too big to move, so I left them enough water to swim
in. As I lifted the skimmer, it had to be pushed toward the pond to keep
from having the holes in the liner in the wrong place. I then packed dirt
under the skimmer, and refilled the pond. It can be done, but it is easier
empty.
--
RichToyBox

"pixi" wrote in message
Had my pond and waterfall put in last fall but...
The skimmer is too low in the water. The landscaper was so far behind in
his work that I said I would wait until spring if he would come back in
April.

Now he says he can't and I'll have to wait my turn. Whenever that might
be.. So I think I'm stuck. I certainly can't landscape around the

skimmer
and am not sure whether I dare put fish now or not.

Can anyone tell me if I dare put fish in now? Will it hurt them if he
raises the skimmer with the fish in? Or I suppose I could take them out
temporarily. Got another pond down the hill where the fish live at

present.

Pixi