Old 12-04-2004, 11:33 PM
escapee

Default can you ID my shrub?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:26:11 -0600, Janice
opined:

Shouldn't if you prune it *right* after it blooms since it blooms on

last season's wood.. which it would have grown after it was pruned..
would it not? Asking not arguing here.

When you hack something to the ground, it takes all its energy to restore the
foliage. The following year, it may not have the energy to develop blooms.

I was kind of tongue in cheeking it on the whacking it down to the
ground.. if it were forsythia... through the story of heading for what
was here with the shovel and it being how I felt about it - I really
hate the stuff :-D So..guess I was flyin' too low there with that.
Usually I'm too hit in the head with it all. LOL

Janice

And people who know you know that. However, in a forum like this where there
are many transient posters, it doesn't translate well.