Old 13-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Janice

Default Does old cut grass help?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:54:08 -0400, "Ray Drouillard"
wrote:

"jm" wrote in message
I have a lot of bags of cut grass that's just been sitting in a pile.

Is
any of it good for fertilizing a vegetable garden? Thanks.

It makes great mulch -- as long as it wasn't sprayed with weed killer.

Ray

uh.. how long has it been sitting there? It's going to ferment and be
stinky.. but yup you can use it, but be prepared to cover it with
something else, if nothing more than dirt... I'd layer it in with
other material from week to week depending on its state of dryness or
liquidity.

Janice