Old 13-04-2004, 06:32 AM
B & J

Default new radio station

"garden guy" wrote in message
news

Education:

Should we support a true market in education -- one in which parents and
students would not be stuck with a bad local school, because they could
choose another?

Should we implement measures such as tax credits so that parents will have
the financial ability to choose among schools?

Should we provide financial incentives for businesses to help fund schools
and for individuals to support students other than their own children?

Should we eliminate the U.S. Department of Education, which spends
billions
on education and educates no one?

I better knock it off. Time for work.

PS: Liberals tend to be top posters.

You must be a teacher, Gardenguy, because you certainly know everything
that's wrong with public education. It would certainly help if more
conservatives became teachers and brought their insights into improving
public education from the front line, particularly considering all the money
lavished by the public on teacher salaries. You must be smiling as you take
your pay check to the bank and plan your early retirement. It certainly
would help if conservatives funded scholarship for conservative students
interested in reforming public education. I'm sure conservatives would
receive far more applicants for these educational scholarship candidates
than they could fund.

I have to disagree with you about the U.S. Department of Education. I
definitely think the U.S. Department of Education is doing it's job because
their head did call the NEA, your union, an agent of terrorism. What
observation could be more profound? You must have missed that speech at the
Republican Governors' Convention.

You also missed mentioning vouchers for private academies. Why shouldn't
parents be able to take the education dollars spent on their children in
public schools and spend this money on schools where funds aren't wasted on
special education and special need students? Private schools can spend all
their money on education and not have to waste it on these high cost
students whom they aren't required to admit. Private academies can also
expel troublemakers, which improves the learning environment. After all, the
purpose of education is to educate, not baby-sit.

You really did inform everyone about the best of the conservative agenda for
education. Thanks for your insight.

John