Old 13-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Doug G

Default My Back Yard and the Weed Struggle

Greg wrote:

We bought a new house 2 years ago. They seeded the backyard. Covered it with
hay. Of course it was done in October. The hay and most of the seed blew
away. I didn't really take care of it like I should have. Well after 2
years, it has become a weed paradise. So I've sprayed it once with total
vegetation killer. It took care of most of the broad leaf weeds and clover.
Yesterday I tilled the whole back yard. I'm planning on applying another
helping of weed/grass killer today after work. I plan on applying Bermuda
grass this weekend. So am
I on the right track? I have a little push spreader. Would that be okay for
seeding? Or should I get a little hand held spreader? Also would it be a
good idea to till the ground again before I seed it?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Greg

The instructions on the vegetation killer should tell you when it's safe
to re-seed.