Old 13-04-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Potato Planting

On 13 Apr 2004 19:00:28 +1200, "Loki"
wrote:

il Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:46:50 +0100, "shazzbat" ha scritto:

Yes, but then you are the people who call a swede a rutabager, no?

Nope, not us. We call them swedes, I've even 'cut' them in the
falling snow. I doubt if anyone in NZ knows what a rutabager is.
(weird name) :-)

It's 'rutabaga' (ending in an 'a', not an 'er') and it's
from the Swedish word for the vegetable.

lessee what else do we have ... chickpeas, silverbeet, capsicums,
courgettes hmm can't think of other names that might be different, oh
right mince beef instead of 'ground'. :-))

We call chickpeas 'chickpeas' or 'garbanzos', silverbeet we
call 'chard' or 'Swiss chard', capsicums are 'peppers' here.

Pat