Old 13-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Cichlidiot

Default Killing fish ... sorry : (

pmwebdesigns wrote:
Carol they stopped taking feeder fish here at the petstores where I live. I
use to be able to take my fry in until last year.
They passed some law at the stores here and said people had to be a license
seller to take any live animal. :-(

An alternative to selling to a pet store is to cut out the middle man. If
there is a cichlid/aquarist group in your area, go there explaining your
situation and offering the fish for free to anyone who wants them. This
way there is no selling of live animals. You'll probably also come across
people starting ponds in an aquarium group, so you could give them some
seeder fish. Or post in rec.aquaria.* groups (marketplace, freshwater and
cichlids groups would probably be most appropriate) with the offer of free
fish.