Old 13-04-2004, 03:42 PM
It's Mac

Default Pruning African Daisies

Hi folks, new to the group, new to gardening.

Just been out to tidy up a bit, amazingly enough, some plants have survived
the winter. They're African Daisies ( Dimorphoteca). Trouble is they look a
bit sad, trailing along the ground in search of the sun, and, maybe a little
too big for their location.

There's some new shoots growing at the base, can I trim back last years
branches or is that a bad idea?

While I'm here, one side of my garden only gets a couple of hours sunshine
in the morning. Would it be best to plant shrubs along here or are there any
good shade loving plants I could try, preferably not annuals.

Thanks
Mac