Old 13-04-2004, 08:07 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Starting off courgettes

Hi,

just planted up this year's batch of seeds - tomatoes, cucumbers,
courgettes.

I noted that the courgettes should be kept warm (20-25C) until they are
growing.

I think this is warmer than anywhere in the house apart from the airing
cupboard.

So how do you start off your courgettes?

Bottom heat in a propogator?
Airing cupboard?
Or will they start OK on a cooler spot such as a window sill?

I was originally planning to grow them in our sun lounge, which easily
achieves the 25-25C during the day, however it drops back to 13-15C
overnight which is outside the spec. on the seed packet.

Cheers
Dave R