Old 13-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Phisherman

Default electric deer fencing

On 13 Apr 2004 10:33:09 -0700, (Myrmecodia)
wrote:

Does anyone use baited electric deer fencing like this?
http://www.deerbusters.com/dee-3020.html

Does it work?

I want to deer-proof a portion of our property that contains a
vegetable patch and landscaping with azaleas which the deer seem to
love munching on. Most of the lot is wooded, and deer move through at
night. I thought a couple of strands of electrified wire might be
less obtrusive and less hazardous to birds than 8 ft of netting

Nick

I don't have this specific product, but I do have a solar-powered
charger and two wires around the vegetable garden. It is going on its
10th year of use. It keeps out groundhogs, dogs, deer, raccoons,
squirrels, etc. It has no effect on birds because the circuit is
completed with grounded things. I was shocked ONCE by it, and that's
enough! There's a small battery in the unit that continues delivering
voltage at night. I bought mine at HD for about $100--the
insulators, ground, and wire were extra. No "bait" is needed.