Old 13-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Janet

Default Killing fish ... sorry : (

--

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"pmwebdesigns" wrote in message
I have comets and Koi. I use to be able to give mine away to petstores

until
they stopped it. Friends got some. Now I go to local parks that have

lakes
and have slipped some in there. hehehehe Shhhhhhh
They don't conect to no rivers or anything. Mostly Catfish lakes.
I don't know about Nancy though. Original author.

snip

holier then thou
In MD, we had someone slip a snakehead fish into a local lake. This

species
was extremely invasive, and as such a decision was made to bomb the lake,
and kill everything in order to ensure the snakeheads were eliminated. Now

am not suggesting Koi are equal to frankenfish like Snakeheads, but IMHO
releasing such a fish or a plant for that matter into a natural water way

is
a dangerous and irresponsibly behavior. Priss...your are being very

naughty
and potentially endangering those park ponds.
/holier then thou

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

BV, I gotta agree with you here. There was a huge thread last fall on KoiVet
pertaining this. A homeowners association was desperate as a well meaning
homeowner threw some koi in the community pond several years earlier and
they had taken over. To the point they were destroying the pond and
endangering themselves. The Association had several weekends where they
allowed folks to come in and "rescue" what they could before killing off the
whole pond..... This is a huge No-No these days with everything we know
about balanced ecosystems and invasive species.
Janet in Niagara Falls