Old 14-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Loki

Default Potato Planting

il Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:08:23 -0400, ha scritto:

On 13 Apr 2004 19:00:28 +1200, "Loki"

It's 'rutabaga' (ending in an 'a', not an 'er') and it's
from the Swedish word for the vegetable.

ty

lessee what else do we have ... chickpeas, silverbeet, capsicums,
courgettes hmm can't think of other names that might be different, oh
right mince beef instead of 'ground'. :-))

We call chickpeas 'chickpeas' or 'garbanzos', silverbeet we
call 'chard' or 'Swiss chard', capsicums are 'peppers' here.

yep, the good cookbooks use all names and measurements. Rutabaga
still seems such a weird looking word though. :-) But I have no
problems with canola replacing rape seed, aside from it being a prime
GM/GE crop along with soy.

--
Cheers,