Old 14-04-2004, 01:03 AM
andrewpreece

Default Starting off courgettes

"Robert" wrote in message
David W.E. Roberts wrote:
: Hi,
:
: just planted up this year's batch of seeds - tomatoes, cucumbers,
: courgettes.
:
: I noted that the courgettes should be kept warm (20-25C) until they
: are growing.
:
: I think this is warmer than anywhere in the house apart from the
: airing cupboard.
:
: So how do you start off your courgettes?
:
: Bottom heat in a propogator?
: Airing cupboard?
: Or will they start OK on a cooler spot such as a window sill?
:
: I was originally planning to grow them in our sun lounge, which easily
: achieves the 25-25C during the day, however it drops back to 13-15C
: overnight which is outside the spec. on the seed packet.
:
: Cheers
: Dave R

20 c? I keep them in aay window but it doesn't need that heat surely, mine
don't get it anyway

I planted two in an unheated greenhouse: one came up, one didn't ( not yet
anyway ), so they appear not to be fussy.

Andy