Old 14-04-2004, 02:02 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Transplanting question

writes:

SNIP
What is the procedure you use for transplanting? Do you "overuse" the
water like I do or do you transplant "dry" as he did?

Glenna

I would do it your way, especially after the dry spell you mention. Even
if
the soil was fairly damp I would still water them in well to settle the
soil
round the roots to provide stability.

Steve

Thank you, Steve. Apparently his wife had told him the same thing I
suggested to him, and he told her it would be too messy!

Not only have we not had rain for over a week before planting, but it
doesn't look like we are getting the several days of rain that was
forecast for yesterday. Add the lack of rain before and after planting to
our already extremely well-draining soil and the only chance these trees
will have will be if his wife does, indeed as she said she is going to do,
give them a good soaking every other day.

Glenna