Old 14-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Steve Ravet

Default Once again, let's play, "What are these plants in my yard?"

Rusty Mase wrote:

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:34:42 GMT, "Grubber"
wrote:

There's also a bunch of 'spider lilies' I saw down near the coast. If that
is not the correct name, lemme know.

This is a Hymenocallis and probably H. lirisome. The name I believe
refers to the membrane formed at the base of the petals.

Also, the fruit are green acorn shaped "bulblets" that you can place
on the soil surface and kept moist and each sprouts a new plant. They
would require a lot supplemental watering here in Austin.

How would they do in a pot in a small goldfish pond?

--steve