Old 14-04-2004, 05:32 AM
Steve Ravet

Default crabgrass in St. Augustine

My lawn went from less than 10% St. Augustine to over 80% in just a few
years with only occasional watering and regular mowing. It overcame
everything but crabgrass, which came in a couple years ago when there
was a total ban on watering in Pflugerville. The crabgrass is very
thick, thicker even than the St. Augustine. They've battled each other
to a standstill. Is there something I can use to knock back the
crabgrass and give the St. Augustine a chance to move in? I read about
using pre-emergents but it's too late for that now. Anything else?

thanks,
--steve