Old 14-04-2004, 07:02 AM
hjl

Default New Blueberry 'Bluecrop' - new leaves wilting & "beads" of sap(?) on other leaves

Hi Everyone!

I just bought a 3 new blueberry plants from a nursery last week. I
started an edible container garden & am planning on planting each
blueberry plant into separate containers.

Anyway, one of the blueberry plants was bought in a 2 gallon
container. I have not transplanted it yet. I was examining it &
noticed that there were some beads of sap(?) or some liquid... like
dew at the edges of some of the leaves. Also, the new leaves were
shriveled up & dry & almost falling off, & the attachment point to the
rest of the plant had turned black.

I took some pictures.

1. The following picture shows withered new leaves at the top of 2
branches.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chr...&.dnm=4b72.jpg

2. The following picture shows the beads of liquid at the bottom of a
leaf. You can also see withered new leaves in the background.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chr...&.dnm=e704.jpg

3. Another view.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chr...&.dnm=4b72.jpg

I checked for insects. My tomato plants had some aphids & a few other
bugs on them. This particular blueberry plant didn't have any bugs...
just a few ants.

I'd appreciate any insight into what's going on.

Thanks!
HJ