Old 14-04-2004, 08:03 AM
Dizne

Default The mystery of watering my patch???

Hi,

I want to start another veggie patch after moving into a new rental house,
but the BIG mystery to me about growing vegies is getting the watering
right!!!

In my last patch I installed a combination of sprayers and drippers on black
poly pipe running through the vegies. The drippers seemed to do the best
job - wasted less water; didn't water the weeds; didn't cause mildew on the
zuchinis; etc.

However, my concern is that every time I want to re-plant after harvesting,
I would have to re-plant at the same spacing as the drippers I have used
previously! This is obviously difficult if I want to rotate my crops or grow
something of a totally different size!

Considering this, should I just stick to sprayers and spray water over the
whole patch???

What watering methods do YOU use in your patch???

Cheers,
Mick