Old 14-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Loquat died

"David Hare-Scott" in
:

Thanks for information, from what I have read the signs do look like
fire blight.

My searching suggests that disease has not been found in Australia
(except I think for a very isolated outbreak in 1997 that was
controlled). Most of the hits I got go on about the risk of it
entering the country and the disputes about the severity of quarantine
regulations that are designed to keep the bacterium out.

Australia is thankfully free of many plant and animal diseases and for
this reason people get VERY touchy about the subject. I think if
there had been any recent reports of it in Oz there would have been
huge headlines - which are not evident.

Do you have any other thoughts as to what it might be?

wrong time of year for fb (erwinia)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...nia+fireblight

since you chekced basic moisture, drainage, i'd look to australia type
problems.

or just try again in the fall.

David