Old 14-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Kay Easton

Default [OTish] I think we might 'ave an 'awk!

In article , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , Malcolm
writes

Hardly. Small birds will have far better innate predator avoidance
skills than white doves, as well as being much less conspicuous, not to
mention much less attractive as a meal!

Sad, isn't it!!
The white dove, because of its inert, gentle characteristics, has become
the de facto symbol for peace.
Extending the analogy, it just goes to show, doesn't it, that if you are
kind and gentle and considerate, you are just swallowed up by violence .
. . . and, moreover, that people think that is ok ((((((((((

What could be more gentle than a quiet vegetarian going its own way,
never attacking another animal ... and yet gardeners enthusiastically
wage outright war on these, killing dozens at a time by poisoning,
drowning and butchering.

And going back to birds, there's the robin, one of the most universally
loved birds - and a little thug to boot.

All this supports your argument, but I really think one can take
anthropomorphism a little too far ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: