Old 14-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Matthew Donadio

Default Worst Disasters and Best Miracles

"J Fortuna" wrote in message .. .
Anyone care to share stories about worst orchid-related disasters and/or
best orchid-related miracles? Or any other entertaining orchid stories for
that matter?

I used to buy out of bloom plants from Home Depot, Lowes, produce
stores, etc. I was doing to have mnore plants, and also to have some
available to give as gifts. Unfortunately, one turned out to be a
critter factory, and decimated my collection. I grow indoors, so I
couldn't really resort to chemicals. I could not get it under
control, and had to get rid of all my plants.

Moral of the story: quarantine all new acquistions!

Joanna (who is fighting a head-cold and procrastinating on taxes in damp and
cold Washington DC area)

I finished my taxes Monday night. The have been done for a few weeks,
but I just wrote out the checks, and did my local business taxes. To
top it all off, my backyard is almost completely under water.

--Matt