Old 14-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Don

Default Proper way to mow

I have about two acres and a 48 inch cut Craftsman lawn mower. Every
time I mow I leave tons of grass clippings. I cut it very short I
think. I only have time to mow once a week.

What is the proper "technique" for mowing? I think part of my problem
is that I usually mow "clockwise" and probably should be mowing so I
blow the clippings where I have just mowed. The reason I dont do this
is it will blow clippings on my driveway/sidewalk/mulch. ANy help
would be appreciated! No one ever showed me the proper way to mow.

By the way I bought some blades that say mulching/discharge blades
from Sears for this mower. Should I make a plate to block the
clippings from being "shot" out? So the mulching blades will chop them
up finer? Any help is appreciated!