Old 14-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Sudden oak death and you

Other than that, be calm. Go to http://www.suddenoakdeath.org/
if you
have questions, and certainly check out the list of hosts, and

the
pictures of symptoms.

Gee. The indication that _all_ Rhododendron species are affected
is a bit worrying. Going to the page that is linked, however,
gets to a listing for a single native California Rhododendron.

Is the remainder of the genus Rhododendron listed by inference,
or has it shown up on all Rhodies?

I probably bought a Monrovia Satsuki LAST year. Do we assume
that the nursery was NOT infected then? Or do we assume the
infection merely had not been discovered?

I note that not all maples, or all blueberries, or all Pieris
(tho many) are listed as carriers.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature
encourages no looseness, pardons no errors. Ralph Waldo
Emerson - HOW TRUE!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++