Old 14-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Garry Denke

Default Bermuda seed or sod?

"GeneS" wrote in message ...
We have a spot on a very high & rocky hill. There is a
plateau of about 5000SqFt. that we plan to place about 4"
of top soil & level. We will install an automatic sprinkler
system, so water is not a factor. It will get a lot of sunshine.
We want the 5000' area to end up a well manicured lawn.
There is a rock ledge about 16" under the existing rocky top soil.

QUESTIONS:
1. Which grass would be best? We are looking at St. Augustine
sod, or a heavy planting of Bermuda seed.

St. Augustine

2. If we go with Bermuda, is there a place in the Austin area that sells
Bermuda "sod".

Landscapes USA
(512) 345-7732
515 Congress Ave