Old 14-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default mist units

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

Still haven't decided whether to go for a proper hot bench or a soil
cable and plunge unit. (Shall be sad to decide it's somehow fun to plan
spending money and not actually getting around to ordering anything from
two West's.

One question I'd like to ask the experts.
Why doesn't a mist unit encourage damping off? I would have thought
enclosing lots of cuttings in an area of constant wetness would be
lethal.

janet
--

The constant misting washes the fungal spore straight off, mist units are
also good for tricky seeds (you just adjust things a little) LBS do a very

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk