Old 14-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Sally Thompson

Default Poisonous plants

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:50:57 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Nick Maclaren13/4/04 3:20
. ac.uk

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| The RHS Encyclopedia gives some such details but not for all plants. If
| people want a garden in which they can be certain that no smallest degree
of
| harm can come to anyone in it, they're going to find it problematic.
| I know someone who nearly died of septicaemia after pricking his finger on
| rose thorn that had been sprayed by some nasty chemical. Few people ask if
| such things will endanger their lives!

I once cut my head on the corner of an ill-placed safety cabinet.

I met someone in the fracture clinic a couple of years ago who'd
broken her ankle smelling the roses! (mind you, I'd broken mine
falling off the doormat.....)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Isn't it ROSPA that says 'most accidents happen in the home'? ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Email is sallydogthompsonatbtinternetdogcom, replacing dog with dot