Old 14-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Rooster Booster

Default Atco Lawnmower

You're right to be appalled. I have an old Suffolk Super Colt my Dad bought
reconditioned in 1980 (probably a good 15 yrs old then). My local mower shop
recently supplied me 2 new clutch plates the type that are rivetted on
(they're bonded these days.)
Guess it's just a case of shopping around. Make sure you write to the MD of
Atco and tell 'em what you think!

"Ian Wolfe" wrote in message
I have a (almost) 7-year old 14" Atco Commodore Lawnmower which cost
£564. It has been serviced every year. I am now told that the housing
on the rear roller has corroded. Atco say they now have none in stock
and will not be making any more, thus making the machine obsolete and
useless. Perhaps because I am naive I am appalled by this.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.