Old 14-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Raccoons in my yard?

"Nick wrote in message after
Rodger wrote:

They shouldn't have much trouble in southern England, then, but
might find Scotland a bit harsh.

I happen to live in Southern England, thank's Nick. Ringed Necked Parakeets
by the hundred I can cope with but Raccoons, I'm not so sure.
I suppose it's all to do with our wonderful multi-cultural society, why
leave the animals out.

Well, as you know, I really want a few cougar and some wolves :-)

Not heard of any Wolves yet but the Cougars may well be here already, and
some Eurpoean Linx and........what was that on the CCTV at the Swan
Sanctuary?

If life in the countryside isn't congenial, they'll simply move
into the cities.

Seems reasonable to me. That lot need some stirring up.

The foxes do OK in cities until an outbreak of disease so Raccoons will too,
they have in Germany.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars