Old 14-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Algae control

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
Does anyone know what is in "ALGON"?
It is a liquid sold as "The original organic algae control"?
Will it really permanently kill off green algal discoloration on
drives, stone paths and walls?
How effective is it in permanently killing off moss infestations on
stone walls and in flower borders?
Is it in fact a total herbicide?
Is it safe to use it in a garden in which I encourage birds?
Can neighbouring plants absorb it from the soil?
Have you personally used it?

Franz

IME nothing will permanently kill moss or algae, if the conditions are right
(which is usually why its there :-) it will return.

I wonder what makes it 'organic' ...I suspect its the same as putting
'farmhouse' on a cake sold by a supermarket and made in a factory, ie
meaningless.

FWIW I have previously used algae control in ponds (wouldnt use it now) ,
and found that though the chemical didnt kill the plants it definitely
affected them.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address