Old 15-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Roy

Default Proper way to mow

On 14 Apr 2004 08:19:50 -0700, (Don) wrote:

===I have about two acres and a 48 inch cut Craftsman lawn mower. Every
===time I mow I leave tons of grass clippings. I cut it very short I
===think. I only have time to mow once a week.
===
===What is the proper "technique" for mowing? I think part of my problem
===is that I usually mow "clockwise" and probably should be mowing so I
===blow the clippings where I have just mowed. The reason I dont do this
===is it will blow clippings on my driveway/sidewalk/mulch. ANy help
===would be appreciated! No one ever showed me the proper way to mow.
===
===By the way I bought some blades that say mulching/discharge blades
===from Sears for this mower. Should I make a plate to block the
===clippings from being "shot" out? So the mulching blades will chop them
===up finer? Any help is appreciated!

And why would you cross post this topic to the metal working forum? Or
I assume the part about you making a plate is sufficient to qualify it
for a post in the metals forum, since evidently you would probably
make the plate out of metal!
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.