Old 15-04-2004, 04:34 AM
jammer

Default Pond Foam

All i can add is that i had the foam build up in my hot tub when the
total PH wasn't right.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:44:13 GMT, Charles
wrote:

I had an experience with foam building up on the pond where the water
from the filter returns via a small stream like feature. Foam would
be as much as 4 inches high and would appear in the morning, to
dissipate during the day.

I thought it might just be from DOC, so I put in a small bad of
carbon, that did nothing that I could tell. I did a complete water
change, spring cleaning in the pond, and the foam persisted.

Then I got rid of most of the parrot's feather, Myriophyllum
aquaticum, and the problem went away, now I just have small (dime

size
or less) spots of foam that drift to the nearest leaf.

I don't know that the parrot's feather was causing the foam, I wonder
if anyone else has had similar experience.