Old 15-04-2004, 06:33 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Pond Foam

Foam in spring is often caused by pollen. Look around the pond, what's in
bloom? Trees are especially bad right now. You can check your pollen
situation at weather.com. ~ jan

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:44:13 GMT, Charles wrote:

I had an experience with foam building up on the pond where the water
from the filter returns via a small stream like feature. Foam would
be as much as 4 inches high and would appear in the morning, to
dissipate during the day.

I thought it might just be from DOC, so I put in a small bad of
carbon, that did nothing that I could tell. I did a complete water
change, spring cleaning in the pond, and the foam persisted.

Then I got rid of most of the parrot's feather, Myriophyllum
aquaticum, and the problem went away, now I just have small (dime size
or less) spots of foam that drift to the nearest leaf.

I don't know that the parrot's feather was causing the foam, I wonder
if anyone else has had similar experience.

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)