Old 15-04-2004, 09:03 AM
jane

Default Birdsong?

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:40:49 +0100, John
wrote:
snip
~"jane" wrote in message
~ Sorry this is a late reply and may look odd - the original thread's
~ vanished off my reader but I had to reply...
~
~ John ) wrote:
~
~ ~In a Garden Centre in Ivybridge, Devon, one is greeted with 'piped'
~ ~bird song. Although it's only a recording, it is very effective.
~ ~
~ ~The reason I mention it is that the gardens around my home have
~ ~- during the past half a dozen years - become sterile of birds.
~ ~
~ ~I'll not go into the reason for obvious reasons, but it occurs to me
~ ~that a poor second choice to true bird song, would be the mentioned
~ ~disced copy.
~ ~
~ ~Does anyone know of a disc of British bird song? Not one
~ ~of those with musical background - or dreadful shrieking choir -
~ ~but genuine, honest to goodness birds singing their hearts out.
~ ~
~ ~Who knows, it may attract back the originals?
~ ~
~ ~Thank you
~
~ I was also met by a CD of birdsong a week ago at the gardens of
~ Heligan, and upon asking, found it was recorded in the gardens and
~ they have burned CDs to sell in their shop. There are some 51 minutes
~ of song, and though one long track, the insert has a key to main birds
~ heard in it by time.
~
~ It cost me £6 and is wonderfully relaxing and thankyou for alerting me
~ to these CDs. And they sell it online for £7 inc P&P
~
~ http://www.heliganshop.com/ShowDetails.asp?id=255
~
~ Hope this helps... (she says, listening to a particularly melodious
~ blackbird)
~
~
~ --
~ jane
~==============================
~Jane.
~ Many thanks. I've had a look at Heligan's offer and from
~its description it would appear to be very simple to that which
~is to be offered -later this month- from ...
~http://www.wildsong.co.uk/index.html
~which address was also offered on/in? this site.
~
~John

The Heligan CD is a tiny bit cheaper, though! The wildsong link is
handy as there are CDs and books to identify particular songs, which
is something I've wanted for a while.

thanks back again!

--
jane