Old 15-04-2004, 10:03 AM
bigboard

Default Compost heap - neighbour objects!

sugarCandy wrote:
Hi
I'm feeling a bit peeved after the bank holiday weekend. A neighbour of mine
requested I dispose of a heap of animal waste that that would attract blue
bottles, rats and mice. When told it was a compost heap, he said it was
inappropriate to have in in the garden.

I'd keep it. Sounds like your neighbour is being completely unreasonable
to me. Guinea Pig waste is not a health hazard, and you are doing
exactly the right thing with it. (I might have left it a bit longer to
rot down more thouroughly, but it won't do your garden any harm.)

You could try explaining yourself to your neighbour, but I get the
impression that he is one of those who always knows best. I'd ignore
him. If he complains to the council, I have a good idea they will be on
your side.