Old 15-04-2004, 10:33 AM
sugarCandy

Default Compost heap - neighbour objects!

"bigboard" wrote in message
sugarCandy wrote:
Hi
I'm feeling a bit peeved after the bank holiday weekend. A neighbour of

mine
requested I dispose of a heap of animal waste that that would attract

blue
bottles, rats and mice. When told it was a compost heap, he said it was
inappropriate to have in in the garden.

I'd keep it. Sounds like your neighbour is being completely unreasonable
to me. Guinea Pig waste is not a health hazard, and you are doing
exactly the right thing with it. (I might have left it a bit longer to
rot down more thouroughly, but it won't do your garden any harm.)

You could try explaining yourself to your neighbour, but I get the
impression that he is one of those who always knows best. I'd ignore
him. If he complains to the council, I have a good idea they will be on
your side.

I had intended to leave it longer to rot, but as he'd complained i thought
I'd show I was trying to move it. Mind you if I use it in the front garden
he'll get to see it a lot more than he does at the moment. I wondered if
he'd anything to say last year to a chap across the road who used some evil
smelling stuff on his borders. Definately not rotted!
Now the weather is better the guinea pigs are grazing the lawn as often as
possible. That way they spread their own manure! Grass grows nice and green
as well.

annie