Old 15-04-2004, 02:08 PM
redclay

Default tom cats - grrrr

Vicky wrote in message
Now, I own a cat, a species known to be the bain of many a gardeners life.
Fortunately, my cat is only intent on destroying my own garden and I can
cope with that! However, we have recently been infiltrated by an
un-neutered tom cat and he is spraying everywhere. The final straw came
yesterday when I left a bag outside for half an hour and came back to find
that it reeked of tom cat pee.

First off you having his "dangly bits" removed will not stop him from
spraying which he does to mark his territory. I just do not understand why
a female's first thought is to cut the nuts out. Nothing you can put down
will stop him without affecting your cat so the only humane thing to do is
lie in wait for the offending tom and spray him good with a garden hose.
The little super squirt guns from the dollar store might work. You may have
to do it a couple of times depending on just how much of a "cat" that cat
is. Of course if you get a large Havahart for your pigeon project you could
trap it, hold it for a short time all the while beating on the cage with a
balled up newspaper. Scream oaths at it just before you let it out.