Old 15-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Jane Ransom

Default tom cats - grrrr

In article , Vicky
writes

Any solutions people? Apart from catching him and forcibly removing his
dangly bits!!!!

In this group, some topics appear with monotonous regularity.
This is one of them. When a topic comes up frequently like this one,
you will find that a lot of regular posters will not bother to
discuss it 'yet again'. They will just inwardly groan and pass on to
the next topic. Consequently, any current discussion the topic is
likely to be incomplete
But, do not despair
We have a faq (frequently asked question), covering the points made
in previous discussions.Our faqs can be found by following this link
www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/

Also, for the benefit of people new to this group, and to save them
from receiving replies which they may consider to be impolite, we have
a thread entitled:

'abc for newcomers to uk.rec.gardening'.

It is posted once a week and should appear on your newsreader.
Please read it. It will point you in the direction of:

1. our faqs (frequently asked questions)
2. our charter
3. netiquette and other bits and bobs

Here is a comprehensive list of all the currently available
FAQs for this newsgroup. If you cannot access the web-pages listed
below, text-only versions of each faq are available by emailing the
relevant webmaster as indicated. To prevent spam, the email addresses
have had X's surgically inserted to fool the harvesters (hopefully)
Remove the X's to make the address valid.

FAQ INDEX PAGE
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm

Carrot Fly by Ron Lowe:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/carrot.html
?subject=send carrot

Compost by Mike Loughlin:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/compost.html
?subject=send compost

Pot Potato by Ron Lowe:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/potato.html
?subject=send potato

Garden Shredders by Kevin Rolph:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/shredder.html
?subject=send shredder

Watering by Trish:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/watering.html
?subject=send watering

Nettle Manure by Alan Gould:
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/nettle.html
?subject=send nettle

Organic Compost by Alan Gould
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/organic.html
?subject=send organic

Making a Start - an introduction to gardening by Alan Gould
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/startingout.html
?subject=send starting

Organic Gardening by Alan Gould
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFA...gardening.html
?subject=send organic_gardening

Suppliers and References by Chris French:
http://www.spennithorne.demon.co.uk/...g/urgrefs.html
?subject=send supplier

Improving Clay Soil by cormaic:
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqsoil1.htm
?subject=send soil

Vine Weevils by JennyC:
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqweevl.htm
?subject=send weevils

Damned Cats by assorted Urglers:
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqcats1.htm
?subject=send cats

Mole Traps by Jane Ransom:
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqmole1.htm
?subject=send moletraps

Plants for Shade by Kay Easton
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqshade.htm
?subject=send shade

Slugs and Snails and Gardeners' Wails by the Group:
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqslug1.htm
?subject=send slugs

Enjoying the Sun Safely by Dr Highet
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqsun.htm
?subject=send sun

Potatoes by Phil Cooper
http://www.hhdra.ic24.net/potcult.htm
mailto
Garden Design Software by The Group
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqsoftw.htm
?subject=send software

Recommended Books by Jill Bell
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqbk00.htm
?subject=send books

Garden Beans by Alan Gould
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/beans.html
?subject=send beans

Vegetables by Alan Gould and Alan Deverill
http://www.deverill.demon.co.uk/vegindex.htm
?subject=send veg

All these faq's and other urg bits and bobs such as the
web-ring and meet photos can be accessed via...

http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.