Old 15-04-2004, 07:33 PM
shazzbat

Default frog in my greenhouse

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...
A frog has taken up residence in a corner of my greenhouse under a pile of
old pots.

Should I evict him, or can I keep him as a handy organic bug-killer?

My greenhouse is not particularly frogproof, so he could probably get out,
but I'm also not confident of the brains of frogs - would he actually have
the sense to find a gap and leave, I wonder, if most of the area was
enclosed?

Frogs seem to me to move largely by random leaps hoping they are going
roughly in the right direction, but maybe they get nervous when I am
watching them ;-)

Frog? or toad? aren't greenhouses a bit on the dry side for frogs?

It's a toad in ours. I found him after I dropped my pen and it went under
the duckboard. I don't know how long he'd been there but he must have had a
headache:-))

Anyway, he got in so he'll get out if he wants. leave him there to eat he
slugs.

Steve