Old 15-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Inge Jones

Default frog in my greenhouse

In article ,
says...
Frogs seem to me to move largely by random leaps hoping they are going
roughly in the right direction, but maybe they get nervous when I am
watching them

I think they just do that when they're trying to get away from
something. They sort of crawl when they're trying to go somewhere
seriously.

Also they've got this really weird defence mechanism that's not much
good against humans (if they needed it against humans) They go black if
you start moving wood around that they're hiding under, but I think they
do that by shunting blood around to under the skin. Then when they
realise you've spotted them anyway, they can't actually jump away until
they've gone nearly green again