Old 15-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Lee B.

Default Quic-Crete in ponds?

Well, I *thought* I knew how to spell it until you tossed a few options out
there, and then I didn't know any more! GBG But to answer your primary
question (I think): it needs to be aged over 30 days or so to ensure that
it's "cured". Then you can acid wash it with muriatic acid, rinse, and it
should be OK. Alternatively, you can seal it with a concrete sealer or
paint it with one of those rubberized paints to seal it. All of the above
will keep it from leaching into your pond, which I assume is the is the
underlying question to your primary question . . . G!

Lee

"G-Hoch" wrote in message
om...
A couple of years ago I made a base for a water lily spitter out of
quick-crete but I heard that you shouldn't put quik-crete in a pond.
What is the difinitive, once and for all answer to this question. I
say where someone was making an underwater light with quickcrete and
no one questioned.

P.S. How do you spell quikcrete?