Old 15-04-2004, 09:35 PM
tuin man

Default tom cats - grrrr

"Vicky" wrote in message
we have recently been infiltrated by an
un-neutered tom cat and he is spraying everywhere.

Lots sniped.

For what it's worth, I've just had an email from someone who has been
having considerable trouble with her immediate neighbours cat. Given a
chance, he would bolt into her house and spray.
The last time I was there, I threw a bucket of water oin hime when he tried
to get in (he was inclined to hid behind the door and as soon as a chink of
room could be seen, he was in)
The first bucket worked... thereafter with decreasing effect.
He got picked up and thrown out the door and that seemed to make him more
wary for a few days, but alas, soon back to his old tricks. Then this lady
had a brainwave;
Take her own cat's basket and leave it so that the stray would bolt right
into it. Then close the door and leave there to stew for the day.
Result: After no more than one impriosnment, the cat is nowhere to be seen
and she can now, finally, open her kichen door to let just some nice fresh
air to refresh the house.

Patrick