Old 15-04-2004, 10:08 PM
tuin man

Default several customers ---------free to good home (add)

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "tuin man" contains these

words:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in

message
The message
from "tuin man" contains these

words:

Oddly enough... absolutely no interest from anyone anywhere so far.

Quite predictable IMO.

Hmm,
But why?

Because you don't call the shots on what happens to your clients after
you leave. Once you depart, any competent, equally-skilled-as-yourself
competitors can step in and hoover up your client list for the price of
an ad in the local paper/ GC's, no need to negotiate your conditions.
The bad ones will sink, the best one will soon have your clients banging
on his door begging him to accept their money. Sorry :-)

Janet

Ah yes Janet, but for one small point. These conditions are not strictly
mine.
It is what the existing clients pay me for and as they've asked me to find
an equal replacement I shall try.
They want a sort of copy, but I can't see how that is likely and they're
just going to have to make do in some areas whilst benefit in others.
Of course, they can pick up a paper right now and shop around, but what
their looking for is avoiding having to use a crystal ball whilst they're at
it.
So, if you like, it's their expectations I'm trying to meet, or get/have
*met* for them (terrible english, but I think you know what I mean)
Oh and it can just as easily be a "her door" too. Actually, it was just such
a her that once moved back to NZ and left me some clients (-:

Patrick