Old 15-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Sally Thompson

Default tom cats - grrrr

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:24:58 +0100, "Vicky"
wrote:

Now, I own a cat, a species known to be the bain of many a gardeners life.
Fortunately, my cat is only intent on destroying my own garden and I can
cope with that! However, we have recently been infiltrated by an
un-neutered tom cat and he is spraying everywhere. The final straw came
yesterday when I left a bag outside for half an hour and came back to find
that it reeked of tom cat pee.

I have no idea where he comes from but he appeared suddenly a couple of
months ago so assume his owners moved to the area around that time.

Any solutions people? Apart from catching him and forcibly removing his
dangly bits!!!! And bearing in mind I own a cat, albeit elderly and
slightly senile, myself.

Vicky, we had a problem last year with two tom cats coming into the
house and terrorising our own. We were sure they were feral cats, and
contacted the Cats' Protection League, who lent us a special catching
cage. We succeeded in catching both toms (at different times!) and
took them to the vet who neutered them - the CPL paid. The important
thing, we were told, was to release the tom cat where we had caught it
- you won't see him for dust again. It all worked, I'm glad to say.
(Mind you, we noticed a dearth of young men hanging round the patio,
too, when the story got round...)
HTH

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Email is sallydogthompsonatbtinternetdogcom, replacing dog with dot