Old 15-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Sacha

Default frog in my greenhouse

Jane Ransom15/4/04 7:11

In article , JennyC
writes

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...
A frog has taken up residence in a corner of my greenhouse under a pile of
old pots.

You sure it's a frog?
Usually it's toads that take up residence in greenhouses!!!

And like most 'critters' he or she will have made their choice of abode -
probably a good food source as well as home comforts! I'd leave it alone
and be thankful. You'll be watering in there so there will be enough damp
and as long as you don't drastically re-arrange the greenhouse, there must
be enough shade, too.
The greenhouses here are always filled with birds, both nesting and flying
in and out for food. Somehow they always find a small chip out of a pane,
or a gap here or there they can use and are very happy with their exits and
entrances. Toads and frogs hide themselves in flower beds near the pond (I
surprised one about 2" long just the other day, when I was weeding) and I
think they do pretty much all sort themselves out. After all, their primary
interest is survival, so why would they enclose themselves in a potential
prison like a greenhouse if they felt unsafe? ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk