Old 16-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Jon

Default Growing Mint

Hello everyone,

Your gonna think i'm crazy but I just bought some mint like a week
ago! And Since I want to use this mint for tea I dont have nearly
enough yet . I imagine that mint grows exponentially from what I
have read about mint being so invasive and growing quickly.

I have genius: Mentha scicata (Spearmint) i hope its the right kind
. And Is there any tips on making it grow faster in the beginning
like maybe taking a shovel and moving half the plant/roots to anothe
location and letting it grow a bit or grab a few stems leaving the
roots and placing the stems in wet dirt It is really that simple to
grow mint from cuttings. Right now I have a few stems sitting in
water. If I cut off a stem Do i directly shove it into dirt or should
I peel the skin of a side to promote root growth or would that just
make it more susceptable to diesease?????

On another note since i'm gonna try an make tea I have heard that
drying the leaves increases the flavor Since i have never done this
before would i just grab like window screen and staple it to a wooden
square frame and trow the min in the sun (after I rinse the mine of
course)

I am also experimenting with the stevia plant (I may not even like it)
but I would like to experiment mixing it in with mint leaves who know
i may never have ti use sugar for tea again . Would you propigate it
in much the same way as mint from a cutting or do you have to use root
hormone. Is root hormone necessary for certain plants or does it just
increase the chances of success.